More and more people are now looking to go to exotic and adventurous tourist spots. International travelguidecompany numbers for 2012 have already hit one billion. This excludes people who travel to domestic locations in their own countries. Now, more than just exploring the sights themselves, people would also like others to share their experience to others. People from around the world are now maintaining regular blogs, twits, pictures, and posts on their travelling experience.
Irrespective of such optimistic numbers, there are several thousands of people who still consider travelling abroad as risky. They wish to be intrepid and adventurous travelers but are scared of a potential bad experience, losing their money, or general safety when travelling to new and unexplored places.
For such people and even for regular travelers, travel directories are very helpful. A travel directory is a directory which contains a list of travelling sites, including hotel booking, travel guides, flight reservation, car rentals, and so on.
Some popular uses of travel directories are:
- To choose a destination for your vacation: You want to visit a beach resort. With a travel directory, you can browse all the available beaches in the world which offer unparalleled fun and relaxation. You can read users’ feedback and get an idea of the cost, facilities, and location of various destinations.
- To view potential tour sites or hotels: Whether you are booking a hotel or a resort, you would like to get an idea of what it looks like inside and outside. Travel sites in a travel directory offer 360-degree view and real photographs of different sites. So before you spend money, you can get an idea of what that hotel or tourist site really looks like.
- To view videos of a tourist destination: People now also post videos of the places they have visited in travel directories. Instead of promotional videos, you can view real-life videos posted by travelers to get an idea of the location and have a general feel of the place.
- To read personal experience of travelers through blogs: Most People are now in the habit of creating and maintaining blogs. There are so many travel blogs on the Internet today that the challenge is to identify the one that provides the most relevant information. With travel directories, you can identify the most popular and useful travel blogs and follow them.
- To post your individual holiday information: Not only you can follow travelling sites and blogs, but you can also upload your personal experience in a travel directory. You will be very satisfied when you will see a lot of strangers gaining from your personal travelling tips and feedback and be able to build an entirely new network of friends with regular travelers who share your taste. To save time, you can just upload pictures and videos of your travel on the directory and give a brief label. Even that would be very useful to fellow travelers.
Finally, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on deep and permanent, in the ideas of living. Travel directories are very important in helping you arrive at the next place you intend to visit so that you can plan your travel effectively and prudently.